The barn owl
• The barn owl is one of the most common birds.
• It is found in most parts of the world.
• The barn owl is commonly found in tropical and green areas.
• The barn owl has a light face with black eyes.
• Peacocks are very colourful birds.
• They mostly have blue and green feathers.
• The female’s real name is a peahen.
• The male is called a peacock.
• The peacock is commonly known for its beautiful green and blue tail feathers.
The brown Pelican
• The brown pelican is the smallest type of pelican on earth.
• The brown pelican is commonly found in Louisiana State.
• The brown pelican is the Louisiana State bird.
• Some birds can talk
• Some birds can dance
• Some birds have amazing talents
• Most birds can fly
• Birds have feathers that act like skin
• Birds can have any colour eggs
• Birds are omnivores
• Birds have fascinating social behaviour
• Birds are warm blooded
• I learnt that there are 9,000 different species of birds.
• Some birds eat fish, snakes and worms.
• Game birds live on the ground.
• Penguins cannot fly
• Most penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere Antarctica
• Galapagos penguins live near the equator
• Penguins are commonly spotted by their black and white colouring
• Penguins waddle on lane
• Penguins can glide in the water very easily
• Swans are commonly found in America, Europe, Asia, Africa And Australia
• The largest swan in the world is the trumpeter swan of North America whose wingspan can reach 10 feet.
• Swans are the largest of the waterfowl compared to ducks and geese.
• The habitat of the swan is ponds, lakes, coastal bays and rivers.
• They are easily recognized by their very long necks which are often held in a graceful curve.
• Their long necks allow them to feed underwater without diving.
Wow! What an amazing first blog!
• Birds have little claws to hook on trees
• Birds have beaks to eat with
• Birds have wings for flying
Don't forget to include a heading. For example for this blog your heading would be - Features.
• Parrots are native to warm and tropical places such as India, Australia and most parts of Asia.
• Parrots are one of the smartest birds in the world.
• There are about 372 different types of parrots.
• They are so many types such as the AFRICAN GREY PARROT and the Macaw.
Every bird including the parrots.
• Northern mocking birds are native to north America.
• Mocking birds are one of the birds that can imitate other noises around them.
• The mocking birds are one the most noisest birds in the world.
• They are one of most annoying birds in the world.
Great first blog.
What birds eat
• Many birds eat insects.
• Birds of prey dig for insects with their bills
• Some birds eat plants, such as seeds, fruit or nectar
• Birds have special abilities to catch insects
• Birds are omnivores
Excellent. This heading could be - Diet.
• Birds are found almost everywhere on earth
• There are more than 9,000 known birds
• Many birds live in one place for summer and fly to another place for winter
Great Milla. You have blogged a lot. Don't forget your headings!
• Birds have structure and feathers to help them fly
• Penguins like to spend their time in water
• Ostriches have undeveloped (non-flying) wings
• Ostriches walk or run everywhere
• A birds feathers job is to protect the bird from rain, cold and heat
• Water does not soak through feathers, the water just sides off
• When it is cold birds fluff out their feathers
• There are layers of warm air next to their skin if they fluff out their feathers
• In hot weather birds flatten their feathers close to their body. This keeps their skin cool by preventing hot air from reaching it
• Every year, every specie of bird go back to their summer home, chooses their mates, builds their nest, lays eggs and rear young
• Most birds sit on their eggs to keep them warm and hatch them
• Some young birds are able to find food for themselves almost immediately
• Humans interacted with birds in various ways
• Many people keep birds as pets
• You can see birds in the park at your school and in the zoo
What birds eat
• All birds are omnivores eat both animals and plants.
• Every bird has a special diet.
For example peacocks
Peacocks have a very special diet. Peacocks are omnivores.
Peacocks eat small snakes but avoid from bigger snakes peacocks also eat seeds and plants. Peacocks sometimes eat seeds and cut vegetables fed by humans.
• Birds can live all around the world even Antarctica!!! For example the peacock.
• There are 3 types of peacocks.
• Congo PEACOCKS live in Congo.
• The green peacocks lives in China.
• Blue peacocks lives in India.
• Albatross is a large sea bird.
• Albatross have large wings.
• Albatross’s wings are black.
• The rest of the albatross is covered in white.
• Long legs.
• Emus have good legs for running.
• Emus have sun resisting skin on their legs.
• Some emus have white feathers tipped with black.
• Other emus have brown feathers tipped black.
• Others have black feathers tipped with brown.
• Some emus have brown feathers.
• Some emus have just brown feathers.
• Emus have short necks.
• Emus interesting facts
• Emus are one of the three flightless birds in the world.
• The emu is the second largest bird in the world.
• Females are slightly heavier than males!!!
• Emus can run nearly 50 km[30 miles] per hour!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.